Things to consider before you stay
We often say that Lo Lo Mai is an old fashioned family campground, not an RV park. While we host thousands of people every year in RV’s, we feel clarifying a few things will help set the right expectations for your stay.
Check-in is between Noon and Dark. Check out time is 11:00 AM.
Cell phone service is patchy at best. We do rent a Verizon hub that works in the office and clubhouse area, but expect to not have cell service at the park.
Wi-Fi is free, and available throughout most of the resort. If you would like a site with internet access, please let us know upon arrival and we will do our best to provide a “wifi site” if one is available. Additionally, we have a guest computer in the clubhouse that is available from 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
There is no cable TV at the sites, and the beautiful trees block satellite signal at most sites. We do have hundreds of DVDs and even VHS tapes that can be borrowed for free however.
Large RV’s are welcome at Lo Lo Mai (Up to a 40’ maximum) but we want to communicate that ours is a tree covered resort and that tall and long units will likely have branches brushing along them. If you are traveling in a large RV and not an expert parker or concerned about branches brushing your RV, Lo Lo Mai is probably not the right park for you.
Lo Lo Mai is a Family campground. During the week the campground is a calm oasis. On weekends during the summer however, the park really comes alive. Kids are cruising around on bikes, exploring the creek, swimming in the pool, playing basketball… We LOVE it and wouldn’t have it any other way, but we know that some folks are looking for a more adult-oriented park.
Respect of the property and the other campers is an absolute necessity at Lo Lo Mai. Loud music, destructive behavior, drunkenness, etc… don’t belong here.
We ask that people Drive on the park as little as possible; only to and from the property unless health reasons require transport within the park. Because of the kids at play and the dust that is kicked up by vehicles, the 5mph speed limit is firm and absolute.
While quiet, well behaved Dogs are welcomed at Lo Lo Mai, we ask that common sense be used when traveling with your pet. Please clean up after them and keep them with you and on leash while at the park.
Cancellation Policy – We require a one week cancellation notice to provide a refund on camping reservations and a two week notice on cabin reservations. A 10% (minimum $10) processing fee will be subtracted from any refund.
Lo Lo Mai Springs Resort Guidlines
1. TREES: CUTTING OR GATHERING OF WOOD, LIVE OR FALLEN, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. No chain saws, hand saws or axes are allowed in the Park except by Lo Lo Mai staff. Firewood can be purchased at the office for a reasonable fee or brought into the Park in your camping vehicle. FIRES ARE PERMISSIBLE IN EXISTING FIRE RINGS ONLY. DO NOT MOVE FIRE RINGS FROM THE SPOT WHERE YOU FIND THEM OR BUILD NEW ONES. PUT YOUR FIRE OUT THOROUGHLY WITH WATER, not with dirt.
2. THE LO LO MAI SPRINGS flow year-round at approximately 365 gallons per minute. The spring pond area is CLOSED for FISHING and SWIMMING. Pets are not allowed in this area. ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
3. OAK CREEK: Our 3/4 mile frontage on Oak Creek provides many spots for wading, hiking, fishing, etc. No lifeguards can be provided along such a long stretch of creek, so it is the responsibility of the parents to see that young children are not allowed in the creek without adult supervision. Glass containers of any kind are not allowed along the creek.
4. PETS: Pets must be kept on a short leash at all times when not in your RV, tent, or cabin. There are no exceptions. UNATTENDED, UNLEASHED, and BARKING dogs will be asked to leave the resort with their owners without WARNING or COMPENSATION. Owners must-clean up after their pets and do this immediately. Animals are not permitted in any building, facility or pool area.
5. POOL and SPA: Rules are posted at the pool. A lifeguard is not on duty. CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL OR FENCED AREA WITHOUT AN ADULT. ARIZONA STATE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT PERSONS UNDER 14 TO USE THE SPA. No glass or radios in or around the pool area.
6. WILDLIFE: We treasure the wildlife in our Park, and they are not to be harmed in any way. Guns, bows and arrows, sling shots, etc… are not allowed in the Park.
7. WASTEWATER SYSTEM: To help protect our unique environment along Oak Creek, we have an extended aeration wastewater treatment plant. The heart of this wastewater system depends on “single cell animals.” These are very delicate creatures. Poison can kill them. Please come into the park with an EMPTY HOLDING TANK, and deodorizers must be FORMALDEHYDE FREE.
8. CIGARETTES: As with any trash, DO NOT THROW CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE GROUND. There is NO SMOKING allowed in any of our buildings or within 25 feet of any of our buildings or facilities (as required by the State of Arizona).
9. SPEED LIMIT: 5 MPH at all times. This is strictly enforced. Those who ignore the limit will be asked to leave.
10. QUIET HOURS: 10 P.M. to 9 A.M. If you must play a radio at any time, it is too loud if anyone but you can hear it.
11. CLOTHESLINES: Clotheslines are not allowed.
12. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT: Cabin and site check-out is 11 A.M. Check-in mid-afternoon, before dark .